Japchae is a Korean dish made from dangmyeon noodle (cellophane noodles) made out of sweet potato starch.
It stir fried in sesame oil with and various vegetables such as thinly-sliced carrots, onion, spinach, and mushrooms, sometimes served with beef, and flavoured with soy sauce.
You can usually find dangmyeon noodle in the asian grocery store, near the noodles section.
Here is the recipe.
ingredients (800 ml)
- 5.2 oz (150g) sweet dangmyeon noodle (cellophane noodles)
- 15-17 oz mixed 3-4 kind mushroom such as shiitake mushroom, oyster mushroom cut into thin strips
- 3.5 oz onion sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1/2 redbell pepper cut into thin strips
- garlic minced (optional)
- canola oil (or olive oil)
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 table spoon sesame oil
- 5 tablespoon All purpose soy sauce*
- Shil kochu chilis – Chili Threads (optional)
- white sesame (optional)
*If you do not have all purpose soy sauce, make sauce with soy sauce, minced garlic, sugar, rice wine.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- In a large pan or wok over medium heat, heat canola (or olive) oil.
- Add onion slices and garlic and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes, and add bell peppers about 1 min until the vegetables are half-cooked and still a bit crispy. Add salt and pepper to taste. set aside
- Turn heat to low and add ingredients A mixed with cooked noodles. Turn off heat.
- Mix to combine Noodle and vegetables, adjust taste with all purpose soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- When plating, add sesame, and Shil kochu chilis
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.