We call this rice ball “Onigiri” or “Omusubi” in Japanese. Onigiri (rice ball) is a food made from white rice formed into triangular or oval shape wrapped in nori you can make any shape. It also filled with pickled ume (umeboshi), salted salmon, katsuobushi, or any other salty or sour ingredient as a preservative.
This time I wrapped rice with marinated sauce Perilla. This time I use Sesami leaf commonly used in Korean dishes.
Here is my recipe
- 30 Perilla (sesami leaf)
- 1-2 scallion minced
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 2/1 teaspoon ginger minced
- red pepper minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1-2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon sake
- wash sesami leaf well and drain until dry.
- make sauce: mix all ingredinents.
- spread sauce on the top side of sesame leaf, and soaked with sauce about 1 day.
you can keep this about a week in fredge
How to make rice ball?
- Prepare 1 cup cooked rice.
- Add 1/2 – 1 tablespoon sesame oil and salt.(do not add too much salt.)
- Lay down a square of plastic wrap, place your cooked Perilla (sesame leaf) in the middle then about 2 tablespoonfuls of sushi rice on top of that. gather the corners of the wrap or hanky, twist, and form a tight ball.
This rice ball is good for party!
Use your own unique ingredients and make your own rice ball.
You can get more idea from my Sushi ball (past posted) article.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.