This is not regular sushi, but this is gool luck sushi called Eho Maki in Japan in Setsubun day.
We eat “Eho maki (uncut maki-zushi)” on Setsubun (usually February 3, 4 -one day before the start of spring according to the Japanese lunar calendar.) while facing the yealy lucky compass direction, determined by the zodiac symbol of that year.
we have special ritual (called “Mamemaki” – bean scattering) to cleanse away all the evil of the former year and drive away disease-bringing evil spirits for the year to come.
ingredients (serves 1-2)
- 2 cup rice
- 2 cup water
- 2.5 tablespoon roasted white sesame
- 1 1/3 table spoon sesami oil
- 1-2 teaspoon salt
- dried shiitake mushuroom
- carrot (thinly-sliced)
- fried thick Tofu (Atsuage) (sliced 1/3 inchi wide)
- canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sauce A (mix with soy sauce, mirin, sugar)
- salt, sesame, sesami oil
- takuan, gari (picked begetable)
- cook rince (2 cup of rice and water) and mix with A.
- put shiitakein water until soften, and drain warter, slice thinly. add 1/2 tablespoon canola oil in the pan, saute add sauce A and heat with lower heat about 1-2 min.
- boiled spinach and drain water. add salt, sesameoil, toastes sesame.
- saute carrot and add salt and pepper
- saute fried thick Tofu add salt
- slice thinly pickled vegetable
- on the Makisu (see photo below), spread rice on nori, add ingredients roll it.
do not spread rice in all area. Just leave blak space about half inchi.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.