You may try “Mapo tofu” in Chinse restaurantbefore. Mapo tofu is a popular Chinese dish in the Szechuan province. This dish usually made of tofu and minced meat in a spicy chili- and bean-based sauce.
This time I used sweet potato instead of tofu and cooked vegan style.
Here is the recipe….
ingredients(make 1 serving)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon sesami oil
- 3 shiitake mushroom minced
- 50g sweet potato 1/2 cube cut
- 1 tablespoon wallnut minced
- 1/2 red pepper minced
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1-2 teaspoon Chinese Red Chili sauce (Dou ban jiang) or gochujang
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
recipe (serves 4)
- in the saucepan, add sesami oil , ginger and saute with lower heat about 30 sec to 1 min. Add shiitake mushroom, sweet potato, and saute about 1 min.
- add ingredients A and simmer about 3-4 min with lower heat.
- in the bowl, mix corn starch with1 tablespoon water (not listed in ingredients above). Add them into 2 and stir well. Add scalion in the end.
- in your serving bowl, place cooked rice and mapo sauce (3) on the top.
Instead of sweet potato, you can use kabocha pumpkin, carrot, egg plant, tomato, potato, any green vegetable!
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.